Kvinna till Kvinna is looking for a temporary Programme Officer for our DRC programme team based in Bukavu, South Kivu.
Deadline for applying: October 28th 2020
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 130 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all. The future is equal. And together, we are change.
Kvinna till Kvinna has received funding from the Swedish International Development Cooperation Agency for a five-year programme in South Kivu, DRC (2019-2023). The programme builds on learnings from its long term presence to continue its engagement with women rights organisations, with a strong focus on locally led, sustainable, capacity strengthening of partners and existing women’s rights movements. Kvinna till Kvinna’s support enable partners to continue addressing harmful gender norms as underlying causes to women’s exclusion from social, economic and political spheres and to gender-based violence
About the job
As our new Programme Officer, you will be a part of the DRC Programme team and work under the guidance of, and report to, the Head of Office.
This is a temporary position.
The Programme Officer holds the responsibility of ensuring that the implementation of the programme in the DRC is compliant with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate, policies and working methods and is responsible for the following key tasks:
- Planning, implementing and follow-up of the programme.
- Plan annual Partner´s support and budget activities.
- Identifying and assessing the capacity strengthening needs of partner organisations and providing the necessary technical support to build their capacities.
- Carrying out the M&E Plan and Self-assessment together with Partners Organisations.
- Contributing to the sound administrative and financial management of the programme, through compliance with and implementation of Kvinna till Kvinna's administrative and financial policies and procedures in the DRC.
- Supporting the work of partners to collect data on programme indicators and to process and analysing the data collected and produce narrative results reports.
- Participating and supporting the different types of baselines and evaluation to be carried out during the life of the programme.
- Providing support (including logistics) for the organisation of meetings, advocacy actions, training, and exchange workshops.
- Actively participate in Kvinna till Kvinna team meetings and exchanges in the DRC and elsewhere, as required.
- Working closely with the Head of Office to accomplish any relevant tasks, as delegated.
- Ensuring good relations and cooperation with local authorities and leaders
To be able to work as a Programme Officer you need to have a strategic thinking, be responsible, flexible and adaptable. Kvinna till Kvinna is looking for someone with good social and outreach skills and ability to cooperate with a range of partners and stakeholders. You need to have a belief and commitment to women’s human rights and gender equality and acts as a good ambassador for the organisation even outside of work.
You must have at least;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Political Science, Human Rights or any other related field.
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience within international development cooperation or similar fields.
- Proven experience of programme/project management.
- Proven experience on reporting to international donors.
- Proven experience of coordinating and maintaining contracts with service providers.
- Knowledge of Women´s Rights and related fields.
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook).
- Experience of working in South Kivu, and excellent knowledge of the DRC context.
- Excellent knowledge of French and Kiswahili, and good working knowledge of English (both written and spoken).
Terms and conditions
Starting date: as soon as possible.
Duration of assignment: This is a temporary position.
The working hours of 2020 will be 50% of full time. Depending on organisational needs it might increase the next months of 2021 to 80-100%.
Confidentiality: The employee shall treat written and oral information and discussions between Kvinna till Kvinna and partners, or other parties, as confidential.
Kvinna till Kvinna works without attention to religious, political, national or ethnic origin.
Send your application no later than October 28th by clicking the apply button. The application must be written in English. The application shall include a letter of motivation and CV.
If you have any questions regarding this position please contact Head of Office Lola Ramón Bruquetas, Lola.firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer Filippa Klintberg, Filippa.email@example.com