The Swedish organisation the Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation (Kvinna till Kvinna) supports women in areas affected by war and conflict, to increase women’s power and influence. Today we cooperate with more than 130 women’s organisations in the Western Balkan region, the South Caucasus, the Middle East and Africa. Kvinna till Kvinna started at the beginning of the 1990’s in the Balkans as a direct result of the atrocities of the war. We collaborate with women's organisations that play an active part in peace and transition processes as well as promoting women’s rights and gender equality.
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation is looking for an external consultant for mapping of organisations working on strengthening the intercultural dialogue, peacebuilding and tolerance among women and youth in Mostar region, Bosnia and Herzegovina (BiH).
For the full ToR: please click here
The assignment includes the following:
- Mapping and conducting an analysis of existing CSOs (6-10 CSOs) working in areas of promoting and establishing peace- dialogue among women and youth in Mostar region, the promotion of intercultural dialogue and tolerance among citizens of Mostar.
- Desk review of available information on existing CSOs in Mostar, primarily ones that are led by legal or self-declared women;
- Interviews with relevant representatives of selected targeted CSOs, and analysis
- Recommendations for Kvinna till Kvinna’s programming and methods for future programming.
- Analysis plan, including desk review, guiding questions, interview questionnaire
- Draft analysis report.
- Power point presentation of analysis.
- Final Analysis report (max 15 pages in length).
Required skills and competencies:
- University degree, preferably in conflict studies, political science, gender studies, international law, human rights or other related discipline;
- Familiar with the sociopolitical context in BiH, including comprehensive knowledge about Hercegovina- Neretva canton with focus on city of Mostar, gender mechanisms, and women civil society;
- Experience in conducting external analyses;
- Experience in interviewing for field work;
- Excellent analytical skills, including ability to analyse policy and political processes;
- Ability to plan and meet requirements on time;
- Familiarity with local peacebuilding work in BiH
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English;
- Excellent communication and writing skills in Bosnian/Serbian/Croatian;
Familiarity with work of Kvinna till Kvinna in BiH will be considered as an asset.
Tenders should include:
- A letter of motivation
- A budget in EURO
Application and required information:
Please submit the tender to Voskre Naumoska Ilieva, Programme Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org no later than September 28, 2020. Start of assignment October 05, 2020.
All questions regarding this position should be sent to email@example.com.