The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation is a Swedish foundation that supports women civil society organisations (WCSOs) in areas affected by war and conflict to increase women's power, influence and self-esteem.
Kvinna till Kvinna is commissioning a consultant to develop a baseline for Kvinna till Kvinna’s CIVSAM funded programme Women Peace and Security 2019-2023. Kvinna till Kvinna wants to commission a consultant to carry out a baseline study using digital solutions. Due to the current COVID-19 pandemic Kvinna till Kvinna wants to continue with its operations using digital tools to explore new ways of working with baseline studies.
The baseline will have the programme’s Theory of Change as a point of entry and provide the foundation for monitoring and assessment throughout the implementation period of the program. Using the Theory of Change as rationale the consultant will also work with the feministic concept of “holding the line” and provide guidance and recommendations to Kvinna till Kvinna and partner organisations on the elaboration of baselines, monitoring and evaluation.
The consultancy will be taking place between September 2020 – November 2020.
The deadline for application is 17th of August 2020.
- Provide a baseline linked to the Theory of Change and the Results Framework.
- Offer advice and guidance on appropriate planning, monitoring and evaluation and learning methods of the programme cycle, including data collection methods to follow up on baseline and methods to follow-up on the Theory of Change on a national level.
- Include analysis and recommendation on Covid-19 repercussions within the scope of the assignment.
Please click here for more information:
- University degree (BA, equivalent or higher education), preferably in gender studies as related to development, political science, law or other related disciplines.
- Sound knowledge and experience of results-based management (RBM), monitoring and evaluation. At least 3 years of experience in RBM and the establishment of monitoring and evaluation frameworks, baseline and M&E related capacity development with proven track record.
- Solid experience of applying a rights-based approach with local partners. Knowledge and experience on gender equality, women’s empowerment, conflict sensitivity, development, human rights or other related disciplines, including at the international level, is an asset.
- Knowledge of Theory of Change on a theoretical level and with practical implementation skills related to monitoring and evaluation.
- Sound knowledge in working with women’s rights and applying a feminist approach and a human rights-based approach to working methods.
- Ability to produce concise and analytical reports.
- Documented experience of international development cooperation.
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal communication skills.
- Language skills in, or access to team with language skills in, French, Arabic and Russian.
- Experience from work with a participatory and culturally and conflict sensitive approach.
- Contextual knowledge of Kvinna till Kvinnas regions
- Competence in using digital tools
Application & Required information
The consultant shall submit the following information:
- Methods and procedures for conducting baseline study
- Method of ensuring the quality of the development of the baseline
- Timeframe of the study in accordance with the points specified in this ToR
- If applicable CVs for consultants in the team to carry our assignment, showing previous experience from similar assignments
- Contact information
Interested candidates should submit tenders to Kvinna till Kvinna no later than 17th
of August 2020, by email to firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line:
Baseline WPS 2020.