The Swedish organisation the Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation supports women during times of war and conflict to increase women’s power and influence. Today we cooperate with more than 130 women’s organisations in the Western Balkan region, the South Caucasus, the Middle East and two countries in Africa. We started at the beginning of the 1990’s in the Balkans as a direct result of the atrocities of the war with a focus on women, peace and security. We collaborate with women's organisations that play an active part in peace and transition processes as well as promoting women’s rights and gender equality.
Kvinna till Kvinna is currently implementing a regional programme (2015-2020) in the Western Balkan region with the goal of gendering the EU accession process. The main method used is advocacy towards different EU institutions and national/federal governments (via partner organisations).
Every year, Kvinna till Kvinna organises an advocacy week in Brussels, as one of the main activities of this programme. With this backdrop, Kvinna till Kvinna is looking for a consultant/s to provide tailor-made support and consultations for partner organisations to help them prepare their advocacy in the best way possible, including sharpening their policy papers and preparing arguments for specific advocacy targets and meetings.
Welcome to send your tender no later than August 10, 2020
The assignment includes the following:
- Remote support to 12-18 organisations, from Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia,
- Gathering information regarding specific partners’ capacity development needs in the areas of advocacy preparation,
- Support with policy brief preparation.
- formulate foreseen advocacy outcomes,
- Prepare partners to talk about the post-Covid-crisis and EU policy towards Western Balkans,
- Supporting partners in formulating gathered information (partners’ research, reports and other findings on relevant topics) regarding issues they want to put forward in their advocacy work,
- Organise online consultations with partners,
The duration of the assignment is from September 1 – October 23, 2020.
Required skills and qualifications
- Extensive knowledge about the EU, specifically the EC,
- Thorough knowledge and experience of advocating and lobbying EU stakeholders,
- Knowledge about the Western Balkan countries’ EU accession processes is an asset,
- Solid analytical skills,
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English.
Welcome to send your tender to Kvinna till Kvinna no later than August 10, 2020, to Senior Programme Officer Maja Stajcic, firstname.lastname@example.org.