Kvinna till Kvinna is recruiting a Head of Office responsible for its operations and programme in Liberia, to be based in Monrovia, Liberia.
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 100 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all. The future is equal. And together, we are change.
Last day for application is 14th April 2020
As Head of Office you are responsible for developing and ensuring the implementation of programmes in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate, policies, delegation of authority, working methods, operational plan, budget and agreements with donors and partner organisations.
You hold managerial, administrative, security and financial responsibility, including management of the overall country budget. As Head of Office you are responsible for recruiting, managing and motivating the staff in the office in Monrovia in line with Kvinna till Kvinna’s leadership policy.
As Head of office you are Kvinna till Kvinna’s country representative in Liberia. This entails networking and maintaining relationships with relevant international and national stakeholders, including authorities and donors. This also entails developing and maintaining partnerships, first and foremost with women’s rights organisations.
The Head of Office belongs, organisationally, to the Programme Department and reports to the Regional Manager Africa.
- Minimum eight years of relevant work experience of which at least two in a managerial position with responsibility for at least 5 staff, operations, and budget;
- Experience in programme design and management, including budgeting, financial monitoring and reporting, and strong programme monitoring, evaluation and reporting skills;
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field such as political science, gender studies, international relations, development studies, peace- and conflict studies, human rights;
- Experience of cooperation work in a complex, conflict affected context, preferably from Africa; and/or experience from working in partnership with local women organisations or local civil society actors preferably including regranting and capacity building;
- Knowledge of and experience of institutional fundraising preferably with Sida and EU-funding, including writing proposals, donor dialogue, etc;
- Fluency in English, orally and in written;
- A valid driver’s license.
- Master’s degree in a relevant field;
- Experience in leading processes of organisational change, such as setting up, restructuring or closing down an operation;
- Familiarity with the Liberian gender/women’s rights environment;
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following thematic areas: promotion of gender equality/respect for women’s rights; peacebuilding/conflict resolution; women’s empowerment; gender-based violence prevention; and/or support to women’s human rights defenders;
- Experience as responsible for the safety and security of an organisation and its staff.
- Collaborative, team-oriented leader with the ability to motivate others;
- Strategic, goal-oriented with the ability to prioritise and delegate;
- Responsible, flexible and adaptable;
- Strong communication-, and conflict sensitivity skills;
- Ability to handle stressful situations and peaks of intense workload, while keeping a healthy work/life balance.
Terms and conditions and what we offer
The position as Head of Office is a two years fixed-term contract, full-time with the possibility for an extension (up to five years), pending funding. The Head of Office is stationed in Monrovia, Liberia and is expected to conduct 2 – 3 trips per year to Europe and/ or Africa as well as approximately 20% domestic travel within Liberia.
We offer a competitive salary, covered costs for housing, use of vehicle for private purposes, insurance coverage, and other benefits. Goal-oriented work hours apply to this position.
Start of employment end of September 2020
Kvinna till Kvinna has Collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea with Unionen and Akademikerförbunden).
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women, legal and/or self-identified, applicants will be considered. Otherwise we strive for diversity.
Last day of application is 14th April 2020.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Malin Brenk, Regional Manager Africa, firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Ida Udovic, Head of HR, email@example.com.
Representatives for the local unions: Monica Erwér, Akademikerförbunden, firstname.lastname@example.org +46 737 453 867 and Johanna Arkåsen, Unionen, email@example.com.