We are looking for a Program Assistant to join the Kvinna till Kvinna office in Kigali, Rwanda.
Do you want to work with our passionate and enthusiastic colleagues in support of women’s rights in Rwanda? Then you might be our new colleague!
We offer an international, professional, and creative work-place.
Deadline for applying: 17 January 2020
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 100 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all. The future is equal. And together, we are change.
As the Programme Assistant you report to the Head of Office, Rwanda. Work assignments will be regulated in consultation with the Head of Office. You will hold ongoing contact with all programme staff in the Rwanda office as well as with partner organization staff and other stakeholders.
You will provide key support in collecting data from our partner organisations and provide important administrative and financial systems support to our office in Kigali.
Your main tasks will be providing assistance to the programme officers in:
- Ensuring compliance with national reporting requirements in Rwanda;
- Collecting and collating data from Partner Organisations and Compile reports to the Rwanda Governance Board (RGB);
- Collecting and collating data and compiling annual action plans to submit to RGB;
- Collecting Collect and collate data from Partner Organisation to include in reports to the Ministry of Gender and Family Promotion (MIGEPROF)
- Organizing the carrying out M&E activities with Partner Organisations.
- Ensuring logistics and requests related to programmes and partner events are well organised and on time, in collaboration with the program officers;
- Occasionally taking notes during general meetings and workshops;
- Occasionally provides translation and interpretation during meetings and workshops;
- As needed, support Administrative Officer’s tasks when she is absent.
- Assist in financial bookkeeping and filing;
- Verifying invoice and request for payment preparation;
- Verification of the petty cash reports and replenishment;
- Per diem calculation and payment if neede
- Making photocopy / scan of finance documents
- Minimum of two years of relevant experience
- University degree in Business Administration or Management, or similar
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and commitment to women’s rights and gender equality
- Experience in assisting in financial and administrative procedures of a business or organization
- Experience in managing and compiling data
- Experience in using Microsoft office suite, including Word, Excel, and Powerpoint
- Effective communication skills in team environment
- Fluent in English and Kinyarwanda
- Experience working for an international non-governmental organisation or local organisation
- Knowledge of Rwandan governance policies and procedures related to non-governmental organizations
- Fluency in French
Terms & conditions and what we offer
- This is a full time position through December 2020 (incl. 2 months’ probation), with possibility of extension.
- Preferred starting date: March 1 2020.
- Location: Kigali
- This is a national position under Rwanda labour legislation.
- This position is open to Rwandan nationals only.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work women are highly encouraged to apply for this position.
Applications are only accepted through our online recruitment system. Please use the link provided in above.
Deadline for application is 17 January 2020
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Head of Office Bridget Rhinehart: firstname.lastname@example.org