Kvinna till Kvinna is one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations active in conflict affected areas since 1993. Today we support over 100 women’s rights organisations working for women’s increased political and economic power and against gender based violence.
With a head office in Stockholm, the organisation has about 130 employees, and 14 program offices spread across the world in the Western Balkans and Ukraine, Africa, South Caucasus, and the Middle East and North Africa.
The negative development of growing global backlash on women’s rights, shrinking space for civil society, and protracted conflicts all over the world emphasizes that our work is more relevant than ever. During the last couple of years Kvinna till Kvinna’s work has grown significantly and an increase in positions are located in programme countries. This decentralization is with the purpose of being an even more relevant partner to women human right defenders in conflict affected regions.
Kvinna till Kvinna is currently looking for a new Head of Development Cooperation to join them in the work to achieve the vision of a world in which women have influence over decision-making and participate fully and effectively in the development of society.
About the position
As Head of Development Cooperation you are responsible to lead the work of Kvinna till Kvinna’s programme department with an average annual budget of 180 million SEK, about 90 co-workers and programmes in 20 countries. You will work closely with the four regional managers and the heads of office.
You will be responsible for the strategic development of the programme department and ensure the implementation of programmes in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate and policies. Important tasks in the coming years are to secure long-term funding for the programmes and to stabilise the routines and processes for a decentralized department and linking it to the rest of the organisation.
The Head of Development is part of the Senior Management Team and works closely with the Secretary General and the other Department managers in order to take responsibility for the entire organisational development.
- Ten years relevant work experience where a significant part is from a managerial position, preferably experience from leading managers and staff remotely
- Knowledge in Swedish and international development cooperation including strategy and policy development for program operations
- Experience from civil society organisations, preferably working in the fields of women’s rights, gender equality and peace-building
- Experience of institutional fundraising and donor relations with key international development agencies
- Academic degree in a relevant field such as political science, gender studies, international relations, development studies, peace- and conflict studies, human rights
- Swedish and English, written as well as spoken
- Genuine interest in organisational and leadership development and experience from leading operations in phases of expansion and development
- Experience from leading operations in conflict affected countries
- Ability to work with a multiculturally diverse group of staff
- Ability to handle stressful situations with the capacity to prioritise and delegate
- Collaborative, team-oriented, value-based leader with the ability to motivate others
- Strong communication- and conflict sensitivity skills
In this assignment Kvinna till Kvinna cooperates with 360 Rekrytering AB. If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact recruitment consultant Ulrika Lewander, 070-841 92 21 or firstname.lastname@example.org. We look forward to receiving your application as soon as possible at www.360rekrytering.se.
More information about the organisation is available at www.kvinnatillkvinna.se. Please note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered. Kvinna till Kvinna has collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea, Unionen och Akademikerförbunden) and offers a competitive benefits package.