Kvinna till Kvinna is recruiting a Head of Office responsible for its operations and programmes supported from Jerusalem.
Last day for applying is June 22th
Kvinna till Kvinna is a non-profit organisation that supports women’s organising in conflict-affected/ post conflict contexts with the aim to advance women’s rights and promote sustainable peace. It does so by strengthening and supporting women’s rights organisations. Kvinna till Kvinna is organised around four departments – Programme, Communication, Finance and Resources. Through its Headquarter in Stockholm and 14 country offices, it supports more than 100 women’s rights organisations in four different regions (Western Balkans & Ukraine, South Caucasus, Middle East and North Africa, West and Central Africa).
Kvinna till Kvinna started its operations in the MENA region in 2001 and are today working in eight countries throughout the region. Kvinna till Kvinna supports almost 15 organizations in Palestine and Israel. The Head of office will be responsible for programmes and staff in Jerusalem, and oversee the implementation of Kvinna till Kvinna programme activities.
The Head of Office reports to the Regional Manager MENA. As Head of Office you have the overall responsibility to develop and ensure the implementation of programmes in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate, policies, delegation of authority, working methods, operational plan, budget and agreements with donors and partner organisations.
You hold managerial, administrative, and financial responsibility, including for the management of the overall country budget. You supervise the work of the Jerusalem office employees.
Additionally, you are Kvinna till Kvinna’s official representative in the country. This also entails networking and maintaining relationships with relevant international and national stakeholders, and developing and maintaining partnerships, first and foremost with women’s rights organisations.
The assignment requires several international trips per year including to attend management meetings.
- Bachelor degree in Political science, Gender studies, International relations, Development studies or other relevant field;
- Minimum eight years of work experience, including at least two in a managerial position with responsibilities over at least 3-6 staff and a medium-sized budget;
- Solid experience of development cooperation work in a complex, conflict or post-conflict context; preferably from the MENA region;
- Experience working in partnership with local women organisations or civil society actors with one or more of the following thematic areas: promotion of gender equality/respect for women’s rights; peacebuilding/conflict resolution; women’s empowerment; gender-based violence prevention; and/or support to women’s human rights defenders;
- Experience in programme and project development, management, monitoring and evaluation, reporting and learning, and strong analytical, strategic and operational planning skills, including experience in results based management and quality assurance;
- Experience as responsible for the safety of an organisation and its staff;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Solid computer skills and experience performing or overseeing administrative and finance-related tasks (financial follow-up);
- Fluent in English;
- A valid driver’s license.
- Collaborative, team-oriented, leader with the ability to motivate others;
- Strategic, goal-orientated with the ability to prioritise and delegate;
- Responsible, flexible and adaptable;
- Engaged and interested in women’s rights;
- Ability to handle stressful situation and peaks of intense workload, while keeping a healthy work/life balance;
- Knowledge of International Human Rights Law and/or International Humanitarian Law;
- Familiarity with the Israel and Palestine conflict.
- Master degree in Political science, Gender studies, International relations, Development studies or other relevant field from a recognized university;
- Knowledge of Arabic and/or Swedish;
- Experience of methods development and capacity-building;
- Familiarity with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate and working methods.
Terms and conditions of employment
This is a Two years fulltime contract (international development cooperation assignment) with possibility of extension (up to five years pending on funding).
Kvinna till Kvinna has collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea, Unionen och Akademikerförbunden) and offers a competitive benefits package.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
For application please press the “apply button”. Deadline for applying is June 22th
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Marie Wikström, Regional
Manager MENA, email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer Emma Eklund, firstname.lastname@example.org
Representatives for the local unions: Monica Erwér, Akademikerförbunden, email@example.com+46 737 453
867 and Johanna Arkåsen, Unionen, firstname.lastname@example.org.