Kvinna till Kvinna is currently recruiting a Head of Office responsible for assessing our long-term presence in the South Caucasus region and for developing a strategy for the next few years. The position is stationed in the Tbilisi office.
Kvinna till Kvinna is a non-profit organisation that has been working since 1993 to support women’s rights organisations in conflict-affected areas. Today, we are about 110 employees divided into 14 offices. We support about 110 organisations in the Western Balkans, in Africa, South Caucasus, Middle East and Ukraine.
Kvinna till Kvinna has established operations in the region of South Caucasus since 2002 with a regional office in Tbilisi, Georgia. The operational capacity supports approximately 20 women’s organizations in the entire region.
As Head of Office you are responsible to develop and ensure the implementation of programmes in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate, policies, delegation of authority, working methods, operational plan, budget and agreements with donors and partner organisations.
You hold a managerial, administrative, security and financial responsibility, including for the management of the overall country budget. As Head of Office you are responsible for staff including recruiting, managing, leading, distributing and explaining tasks and motivating the staff in the office in Tbilisi.
Additionally, you are Kvinna till Kvinna’s official representative in the country. This also entails networking and maintaining relationships with relevant international and national stakeholders, including donors and developing and maintaining partnerships, first and foremost with women’s rights organisations.
The Head of Office belongs organizationally to the Programme Department and reports to the Regional Manager.
- Minimum eight years of relevant work experience of which at least two in a managerial position with responsibility of at least 3-6 staff and a medium-size budget;
- Academic degree in a relevant field such as political science, gender studies,
- international relations, development studies, peace- and conflict studies, human rights, law or similar field;
- Solid experience of development cooperation work in a complex, conflict affected
- contexts, preferably from the South Caucasus;
- Demonstrated knowledge in one or more of the following thematic areas: promotion of gender equality/respect for women’s rights; peacebuilding/conflict resolution; women’s empowerment; gender-based violence prevention; and/or support to women’s human rights defenders;
- Experience from working in partnership with local women organisations or local civil
- society actors preferably including capacity developing aspects;
- Experience in programme and project management, including strong monitoring and evaluation skills and knowledge in results-based management and quality assurance;
- Experience of methods development and capacity-development;
- Experience as responsible for the safety and security of an organisation and its staff;
- Experience of budgeting and budget follow-up; including performing or overseeing administrative and finance-related tasks;
- Experience in fundraising;
- Fluency in English;
- Solid computer skills;
- A valid driver’s license.
- Strong communication- and conflict sensitivity skills;
- Engaged and interested in women’s rights;
- Interest in/and experience of methods development;
- Knowledge of and experience from working with EU-funding;
- Experience of handling corruption cases in complex contexts;
- Familiarity with the South Caucasus gender/women’s rights environment;
- Fluency in Swedish and/or Russian;
- Familiarity with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate and working methods.
Terms and conditions of employment
The position as Head of Office is a two years fixed-term contract (international development
cooperation work), full-time with the possibility for an extension (up to five years) subject to the availability of fund.
Start of employment August 1st, 2019. The Head of Office is stationed in Tbilisi, Georgia and is expected to be able to travel in the region and to Europe.
Kvinna till Kvinna has Collective agreement (Tjänstemän Idea med Unionen och Akademikerförbunden). Goal-oriented work hours apply to this position.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women, legal and/or self-identified, applicants will be considered. Otherwise we strive for diversity.
Please do not hesitate to apply since interviews will be held ongoing.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Annika Törnqvist, Head of Development Cooperation, Kvinna till Kvinna, firstname.lastname@example.org
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Emma Eklund, HR, email@example.com
Representatives for the local unions: Monica Erwér, Akademikerförbunden, firstname.lastname@example.org+46 737 453
867 and Johanna Arkåsen, Unionen, email@example.com.