Kvinna till Kvinna is looking to hire a Senior Programme Officer for the Erbil office responsible for the Program Cycle Management, ensuring that all activities in the country programme are carried out in accordance with the expected results of Kvinna till Kvinna.
Last day for applying: 27th May 2019
Kvinna till Kvinna provides support to women rights organizations and women human rights defenders in more than 20 countries in five regions around the world. Kvinna till Kvinna has established operations in the MENA region since 2001 with a regional office in Jordan, and country offices in Jerusalem, Beirut, Erbil and Tunis, and currently supports around 50 women’s rights organizations in the region. For further information, please visit: www.kvinnatillkvinna.org
Kvinna till Kvinna opened an office in Erbil in 2010 to manage the support to Iraqi partner organizations with which cooperation had already started in 2007. Kvinna till Kvinna is looking to hire a Senior Programme Officer for the Erbil office.
The Iraq team consists of four program staff members in Baghdad, Erbil and Amman. The Iraq programming is part of Kvinna till Kvinna’s regional program, which is managed from the Regional Office in Amman. Under the guidance of the Deputy Regional Manager, the Senior Programme Officer in Erbil will work closely with the other Iraq program staff, the Finance and Admin Officer in Erbil, the Regional Office (Amman) and Head Office (Stockholm).
Tasks and duties
As Senior Programme Officer you are responsible for the following main tasks, variety of independence is depending on the seniority:
Program Cycle Management, Planning and Implementation of Program Activities.
- Ensuring that all activities in the country programme are carried out in accordance with working methods, strategies, policies and expected results of Kvinna till Kvinna, and in accordance with the partnership agreements;
- Providing regular reports on programme implementation and current political developments in the country to the Head of Office;
- Ensure close dialogue with partner organisations, including regular visits;
- Assessing proposals and work plans, and quality assurance reports from partner organisations;
- Providing continuous support to partner organisations, capacity building and organising experience exchanges, study trips and networking meetings to enhance quality programming and implementation;
- Organising networking meetings with partner organisations for the purpose of information sharing and learning at national and regional (if required) level;
- Ensuring that all documentation regarding the programme is updated and stored;
- In close cooperation with other program staff, conduct general administration and financial procedures in relation to the programme;
- Participating in Kvinna till Kvinna internal meetings, regionally and/or in Stockholm;
- Performing all other tasks in relation to the operations as delegated by the Deputy Regional Manager.
- Responsible for continuous mapping and assessment of relevant women’s rights actors at national level;
- Responsible for continuous monitoring of donor landscape and identification of opportunities of engagement;
- Identifying thematic priorities, potential partner organisations, concerns and new opportunities for work in designated country; make appropriate recommendations on the programme’s progress and further development;
- Lead in concept note and proposal development in close cooperation with relevant women’s rights organisations and Kvinna till Kvinna departments;
- Coordinating and cooperating with like-minded organisations, INGOs and donors active in the field of women’s rights;
- Participating, and sometimes leading, regional and global working groups to further develop methods and thematic areas of Kvinna till Kvinna;
- Representing Kvinna till Kvinna at official meetings and functions in the context of programme development and donor relations;
Education and competencies
- Preferably master’s degree or equivalent in Gender Studies, Political Science, Human Rights, Conflict Studies or any other related field;
- Minimum five years of relevant work experience with women’s human rights, gender equality issues, women’s empowerment, women’s political activism and/or peace building;
- Experience of international development co-operation;
- In-depth understanding of human rights and the application of a rights-based approach in development cooperation;
- Proven experience in leading teams, in project cycle management and in planning, monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven experience of identifying and providing capacity building to local NGOs;
- Strong analytical skills and as well as proficiency in Microsoft office;
- Valid driving license;
- Experience of working in/or knowledge of the region, particularly Iraq;
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken Arabic and Kurdish; good working level of spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel 3-6 times a year, including overnight stays, in Kurdistan Region of Iraq and Government of Iraq areas, depending on the security situation, as well as 2-5 times within the MENA region to attend internal and external meetings and workshops.
Personal qualifications and values
- Strategic thinking;
- Responsible, flexible, adaptable;
- Ability to prioritize, stay solution-focused and deliver timely;
- Responsiveness, integrity, and ability to handle stressful situations;
- Belief and commitment to women’s human rights and gender equality and acts as a good ambassador for the organisation even outside of work.
- Good social and outreach skills and ability to cooperate with a range of partners and stakeholders.
Terms and conditions
Work time: Full time position for 2 years (incl. 3 months’ probation), with possible extension.
Starting date: The soonest date possible.
This is a national position under KRG labor legislation.
Please note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Apply through our website by clicking the Apply Button until 27th May 2019
The application must be in English. The application shall include a letter of motivation and CV.
If you have any questions regarding this position or the recruitment process, please contact Deputy Regional Manager Rebecca Sonntag: email@example.com.