The Kvinna till Kvinna foundation is looking to review its MENAFEM and Syria Programmes & assess the MENA Regional Strategic Framework.
Dead line for submission 24th March
Link to the full ToR: ToT MTR MENA
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation is a Swedish non-profit organisation that supports women in a context of war and conflict and works to increase women's power and influence in such contexts. Kvinna till Kvinna’s overall vision is a world with sustainable peace based on democracy and gender equality and in which conflicts are managed through non-military means. It envisions a world where equal human rights for women and men, girls and boys, are respected, and where everyone can feel safe regardless of gender, age or ethnicity.
We consider that women should have power and influence over decisions and be involved as equal actors in the economic and political development of society to the same extent as men. This vision is permeated and further developed in the global strategy Kvinna till Kvinna for 2016-2021, with four complementing focus areas; gender-based violence, participation, peacebuilding and organisational development. Kvinna till Kvinna has an inclusive (feminist) approach to cooperation in all context where we operate.
The “Regional and Country Strategies -Middle East and North Africa 2016-2021” (from here on “the Regional Strategic Framework”) identifies Kvinna till Kvinna’s priorities on a regional and country-based level. Kvinna till Kvinna is currently looking to commission a mid-term review of its Regional Strategic Framework.
This review will also include the two biggest programmes under the strategy; the MENAFEM programme (covering Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Tunisia and Northern Africa) and the Syria programme, to certify their relevance and effective implementation during the remaining programme period.
The purpose of the mid-term review is to examine whether the current strategies need to be reformulated to improve the relevance of Kvinna till Kvinna’s support in the region and if the MENAFEM and Syria programmes are relevant and applicable to the contexts in which they operate. It is also to study the programmes in relation to their Theories of Change (ToCs), to consider if they are in line. The two programmes should be reviewed separately as they are operating independently.
The review should have a strong focus on lessons learned and identify and recommend relevant adjustments to the programmes to achieve their intended results.
- Solid experience of mid-term review and analytical evaluation work in the context of international development cooperation and civil society, preferably with proven knowledge of the MENA region and the Syria context
- Expertise in gender and civil society; in particular women’s movements
- Proven experience of evaluating projects built on a Rights-based approach
- Fluency in English and Arabic
- Master’s degree or equivalent knowledge in social sciences or other field relevant for the assignment
All tenders must include:
- CV(s) of the consultant(s) involved in the mid-term review
- Brief methodology and work plan for implementation of the mid-term review (approximately 4-5 pages)
- Timeframe of the mid-term review in accordance with the points specified in this ToR
- Assignment budget with fees incl. VAT with all expenses in accordance with notes under cost frame
- References to previous assignments similar to the mid-term review presented in this ToR
The tender must be submitted to Kvinna till Kvinna no later than 24 March 2019 to the following e-mail address: Marianne.Boqvist@kvinnatillkvinna.se
Any questions and requests for clarifications, can to be sent to: Ylva.Christiansson@kvinnatillkvinna.se and Marianne.Boqvist@kvinnatillkvinna.se