Do you have knowledge of peace, security and development issues and a commitment to gender equality? Do you want to work with support to partner organisations in Liberia regarding Programme and Advocacy Work? Then this might be the job for you!
Application deadline: Friday, May 6, 2022 before COB.
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has promoted women’s rights since 1993. Today, we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations. We operate in conflict-affected areas in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and the South Caucasus, where we support more than 150 brave partner organisations. Together, we work to strengthen women’s influence and power, end violence against women and promote human rights.
If you believe gender equality, democracy and peace go hand in hand, this is the place for you. Joining Kvinna till Kvinna means joining a family of passionate activists. Women human rights defenders who stand on the barricades, face down resistance and advocate in the corridors of power.
We are spread out across 14 offices, but we are a team with a single shared belief: The future is equal. And together, we are change.
About the job
The Programme Officer is responsible for the support given by Kvinna till Kvinna to partner organizations in Liberia regarding programme and advocacy work. The Programme Officer holds responsibility to monitor and follow-up with partner organisations activities in the field. The Programme Officer is involved in developing and implementing the program for Kvinna till Kvinna. The Programme Officer works according to the annual & strategic plans.Good interpersonal skills and ability to communicate externally and internally is important.
- Work with all KtK’s partner organisations as the designated.
- Involve in monitoring and coordination of Partner Organization activities in project locations.
- Provide continuous coaching and tailored made support to partner organisations as required;
- Conduct regular field and follow up visits to ensure effective project implementation; and interact with project beneficiaries and stakeholders in project locations;
- Review applications, narrative report, quarterly reports and work plan of the partners including documents from headquarters;
- Ensure project documents including financial documents, budget, audit remedies are file properly on SharePoint and up to date and accurate;
- Conduct regular bi-monthly meetings with partners;
- Recording information relating to daily interaction with partners in templates as a way to track flow of information in the implementation;
- Organise capacity building for partner organisations based on identified needs;
- Practically organise meetings, and trainings
- Coordinate and monitor the activities of implementing partners, offer leadership in proposal development and work plan preparation for implementing partners staff;
- Coordinate research/baseline study conducted by partners to identify the starting point of projects;
- Conduct tailor made support based on gaps identified;
- Work in close collaboration with ministry of gender and other local and INGO partners in women economic empowerment, GBV and Women’s Political Participation
- Provides technical support and guidance to partners and partners staff in activity designing, implementation, and monitoring to ensure that goals and objectives are accomplished;
- When delegated by supervisor, represent Kvinna till Kvinna at official meeting, for example at the Embassy, Sida;
- Report to Supervisor on a regular basis about the progress of the work;
- Support the country team in discussions on strategic direction in upcoming activities planning;
- Compile and submit field trips plan, field report, and contribute to monthly and annual reports to Sida and KtK Headquarters
- Attend in the weekly technical meeting and other planned meetings
- Perform Organisational Assessment of Organisations as required and assess potential new partners.
We would like you to have the following qualifications
- Sound knowledge of peace, security and development issues;
- Commitment to gender equality;
- Evidence of strategic thinking and proven ability to organize, plan and prioritize work;
- Strong design skills, drafting and reporting
- Ability to undertake research;
- Experience in performing services local / international organizations
- Excellent presentation skills, network, advocacy and negotiation skills;
- Ability to work in a team and independently;
- Ability to build proven capacity building skills.
- Languages Required: English
- An excellent planner and organizer, good understanding of development and the Liberian context.
You need to at least have:
- Bachelor Degree in Sociology or related field
- 4 years of substantial professional experience in positions of progressive responsibility including positions at the international or national level working on women’s and social development issues
- Special interest in women’s empowerment, conflict resolution and peace-building
- Knowledge of computer applications, such as Microsoft Suite, including Outlook is required
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise sound judgment in relation to all forms of communication
- Dynamic, self-motivated, conscientious, professional, devoted, honest and discreet
- Able to work in a multicultural environment and respect diversity
- Experience in performing services local/international organisations
- Knowledge of M&E is an added advantage;
- Must be a Liberian citizen to apply
Terms & conditions and what we offer
You will join a team of dedicated Kvinna till Kvinna colleagues who defend women’s rights in more than 20 conflicted-affected countries.
On the African continent, we promote gender equality in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Liberia and Rwanda, as child marriage, rape and a lack of economic opportunity still curtail women and girls’ freedom in these countries.
Almost 30 of us here fight for women’s right to live their lives free from sexual violence, discrimination and poverty. Do you want to be part of the movement?
This position is based in Monrovia, Liberia
This is a full-time position, with a probationary period of 3 months with possibility for extension (extendable due to availability of funding). Starting date as soon as possible.
Diversity is very important for Kvinna till Kvinna. Please note, however, that due to the nature of Kvinna till Kvinna’s work, female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply!
The application deadline is Friday, May 6, 2022 before COB
Please note that we only accept applications through our career site.