Are you an experience Finance officer? Are you interested in a broad finance role and at the same time support the work to promote women’s rights? Kvinna till Kvinna is now looking for a Finance Officer for our South Caucasus programme team.
Deadline for application: 30 January 2022
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 150 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all. The future is equal. And together, we are change.
About the job
Kvinna till Kvinna has supported women's rights organisations in South Caucasus since 2002 through a regional office in Tbilisi. Kvinna till Kvinna believes that no-one is better placed to create lasting change in the South Caucasus than strong, local organisations, movements, and individual activists that effectively represent their constituencies.
Kvinna till Kvinna seeks to advance women’s rights in the region through partnership, provision of material and moral support, as well as through convening and strengthening networks, and undertaking critical, feminist analysis.
As Finance Officer, you will be a part of the South Caucasus team and work under the guidance of, and report to, the Head of Office/Regional Manager.
You will be responsible for:
- Financial set up and implementation: Ensure the implementation of existing financial management routines and the introduction of new routines for running the office and country programme, in line with Kvinna till Kvinna and donors’ guidelines and procedures and local legislation.
- Financial management: Manage payments, bookkeeping, payroll, monthly financial reports to Head office and declarations to Georgian Authorities. Ensure and develop internal control systems and make sure that financial routines are functional and efficient, including making sure the anti-corruption policy and handbook is implemented internally and externally. Provide strategic financial guidance in line with the Global Strategy of Kvinna till Kvinna.
- Grant management: Working together with the Grants Manager for South Caucasus, conduct the financial assessment of new and potential partner organisations based on Kvinna till Kvinna tools and procedures. Follow-up on existing financial assessments of partner organisations, disbursement confirmations, financial reports, audit reports and audited financial statements, and ensure that they are managed according to grants agreements and the requirements of Kvinna till Kvinna and its donors. Contribute to the strengthening of the financial management capacity of partner organisations and support the Kvinna till Kvinna Office in Tbilisi on financial matters.
- Audit management: Procure and manage audit services in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna and donors’ procurement policy and procedures and Georgian law. Submit reports in respect of management and statutory audits and submit audited financial statements.
To be successful in this role we believe you can organise and prioritise your workload and work with flexibility and pro-actively. You are used to handle stressful situations when they arise by the way you structure your work and own initiative.
You are described as accurate, committed to transparency and accountability and your work is characterized by a high level of responsibility, integrity and responsiveness.
You should have a belief and commitment to women’s human rights and gender equality.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Finance, Economics or similar, with a focus on financial management and accounting;
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience on financial management, bookkeeping, payroll, grant and audit management within international development cooperation or similar fields;
- Proven experience of identifying capacity building needs and providing capacity strengthening to local NGOs on issues related to finance management;
- Excellent communications skills and ability to cooperate with a range of partners and stakeholders;
- In-depth knowledge of Georgian tax legislation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft office (Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook);
- Experience of using digital accountancy software;
- Excellent knowledge of English;
- Knowledge and experience of anti-corruption strategies and measures;
- Knowledge of languages spoken in the South Caucasus region;
- Experience of working with international donors, such as Sida;
- Knowledge of Swedish development cooperation;
Terms & conditions and what we offer
At Kvinna till Kvinna you will get a chance to be a part of an inspiring workplace with dedicated employees. At Kvinna till Kvinna we work to promote women’s rights in more than 20 war- and conflict-affected countries. Today we are over 130 professional, committed, and responsible colleagues across four regions with a broad set of experiences and expertise. Together with brave partners across the world, we make a promise to always keep going for a peaceful and equal world for everyone.
This is a local position, open for Georgian nationals or to people with valid work and residence permit in Georgia.
The position as Finance Officer is a one-year position (renewable) on a full-time basis, with 3 months initial probation period. Start of employment as soon as possible.
The Finance Officer is stationed in the South Caucasus office in Tbilisi, with travel within South Caucasus and to Sweden.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered. Otherwise we strive for diversity.
Deadline for application is 30 January 2022
Please send your application in English, no later than 30 January 2022, through the apply button. Please note that we only accept applications through our job site
Each application should include only:
- An updated curriculum vitae
- A cover letter explaining why you are the ideal candidate for the position and why you applied.
We will process all applications after the application deadline has expired.
Note that only pre-selected applicants will be contacted for the rest of the recruitment process.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Abigail Booth, Regional Manager South Caucasus, on Abigail.email@example.com
For information on the recruitment process, please contact our HR unit HR@kvinnatillkvinna.se