Kvinna till Kvinna is currently implementing a regional programme in the Western Balkans. The purpose of the programme is to contribute to increased focus on gender equality and women’s rights in the pre-accession processes.
We are now looking for a consultant to conduct and present updated context analysis, provide inputs to Op-Eds and other support as outlined in the ToR. The duration of the assignment is from December 2021 - December 2023, with 25 days/year on average; 50 days in total.
To read more about the consultancy please follow this link
The last date for submitting tenders is 25 January 2022
We suppor women in regions affected by war and conflict to increase women’s power and influence. Today we cooperate with more than 150 women’s organisations in the Western Balkan region, the South Caucasus, the Middle East and Africa. We collaborate with women's organisations that play an active part in peace and transition processes as well as promoting women’s rights and gender equality.
Outcome and deliverables:
The consultant/s should provide:
- A regularly (twice per year) updated context analysis for Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, North Macedonia, Montenegro and Serbia, from a perspective of EU accession,
- Presentations (live or online) of the updated context analyses, to Kvinna till Kvinna staff, partners, Embassies in the region and other stakeholders, as agreed.
- Provide inputs to Op-Eds in Brussels-based newspapers/political magazines.
- Ad hoc support: for example, information on specific actors, input to talking points or advocacy briefs, participation in an external panel discussion etc.
- Thorough knowledge and understanding of EU and global politics that influence the Western Balkan EU accession and developments;
- Thorough knowledge of the Western Balkan region, both with regard to regional issues and domestic politics;
- Diplomatic experience, preferably from the Western Balkan region;
- Documented analytical skills including from context analyses;
- Documented texts being published in policy journals or academic publications;
- Experience from working with civil society is considered an asset;
- Excellent written English
Submission of tenders
Please submit your expression of interest no later than 25 January 2022 by clicking the apply button. Please note that we only accept applications through our career site. The application shall include a letter of motivation and a CV. We will handle all applications post deadline for submission.
More information on submission of tender and terms for the consltancy can be found in the full ToR.
Any questions regarding the ToR will be answered by Regional Manager Wester Balkan email@example.com