Kvinna till Kvinna provides support to women rights organizations and women human rights defenders in more than 20 countries in five regions around the world. Kvinna till Kvinna has established operations in the MENA region since 2001 with a regional office in Jordan, and country offices in Jerusalem, Beirut, Erbil and Tunis, and currently supports around 50 women’s rights organizations in the region. Kvinna till Kvinna opened an office in Erbil in 2010 to manage the support to Iraqi partner organizations with which cooperation had already started in 2007. Kvinna till Kvinna is looking to hire a Finance and Administrative Officer (FAO) for the Erbil office.
Currently, the Iraq team consists of two program staff members in Baghdad and Erbil and a Field Representative in Amman. The Iraq programming is part of Kvinna till Kvinna’s regional program, which is managed from the Regional Office in Amman. The FAO will work closely with both program staff members under the guidance of the Field Representative, and work closely with financial staff in the Regional Office (Amman) and Head Office (Stockholm) on financial and administrative procedures.
Last day for submitting application 7th January 2019
Tasks and duties for Finance and Administrative Officer:
The main duties of the FAO are:
- Be responsible for renewing and obtaining Kvinna till Kvinna’s registrations.
- Financial and administrative support to operations in Erbil and Baghdad.
- Financial support to implementation of Kvinna till Kvinna’s partner agreements in Iraq.
- Financial, administrative and other operational support to activities organized by Kvinna till Kvinna Iraq.
- Other related tasks, as required.
Specific tasks and responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the registration renewal for Kvinna till Kvinna in the Kurdistan Region of Iraq and obtaining Kvinna till Kvinna’s registration in Baghdad;
- Provide comprehensive office financial support, i.e. bookkeeping, salary payments, financial reporting, support annual office audit;
- Manage contacts with Kvinna till Kvinna’s bank in Erbil and ensure the functioning of the bank account;
- Participate in office and program budget preparations;
- Provide comprehensive administrative support for the office, i.e. support in obtaining visas for international staff, maintenance of filing system, asset management and inventory;
- Support daily office routines and ensure related internal process documentation;
- Be responsible for the follow-up on government reports related to registrations;
- Be responsible for supplier management and procurement;
- Be responsible for administrative and logistical preparations and follow up of events and activities organized by Kvinna till Kvinna Iraq;
- Support program team with financial monitoring activities of partner organizations and any other financial matter related to programming;
- Conduct trainings and/or individual coaching on matters related to budgeting, financial reporting, financial management and administration to partner organizations, as per need.
Education and competencies:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Management or another relevant field (Master’s degree preferred).
- Minimum of 3 years of practical and educational experience as a Finance Officer mainly focused on accounting & office administration.
- Experience working in an international, multicultural non-government organization and handling donor funds is an asset.
- Experience with accounting and book keeping systems; experience with the system X-ledger an advantage.
- High level of financial analytical skills, and experience working with NGO partner agreements.
- Knowledge of tax regulations in Iraq and legislative framework for NGOs.
- Good computer literacy, and proficient excel skills.
- Good planning skills and ability to follow up on own work assignments.
- Languages: Excellent written and spoken Arabic and Kurdish; good working level of spoken and written English.
- Ability to travel 3-6 times a year within Iraq’ (including overnight stays) within Iraq (Kurdistan Region of Iraq and Government of Iraq areas, depending on the security situation) as well as 2-5 times within the MENA region to attend internal and external meetings and workshops.
- Commitment to women’s rights and gender equality.
- Integrity and professionalism.
- Diligence and timeliness.
Terms and conditions
- Work time: Full time position for 2 years (incl. 3 months’ probation), with possible extension.
- Starting date: 1st of February 2019 or soonest thereafter.
- Location: Erbil.
- This is a national position under Iraqi labor legislation.
- Please note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Send your application no later than 7th January 2019 by klicking the apply button
The application must be in English.
The application shall include a letter of motivation and CV.
If you have any questions regarding this position or the recruitment process, please contact Deputy Regional Manager Rebecca Sonntag: firstname.lastname@example.org