South Caucasus – Tbilisi
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation promotes women’s rights in over 20 conflict-affected countries in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and the South Caucasus. We do so by supporting more than 110 local partner organisations across the World. We have established operations in South Caucasus since 2002 with a regional office in Tbilisi, Georgia. The operational capacity supports some 20 women’s organisations in the entire region. The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation supports partner organisations with capacity building, financial support, and by facilitating networking and advocacy opportunities. For further information, please visit: https://kvinnatillkvinna.org/
We are currently recruiting a Programme Officer to our team.
As Programme Officer you will be responsible for providing support to partners and programme implementation.
The position is part of the Programme Department, the South Caucasus Team and reports directly to the Regional Manager of South Caucasus.
The position as Programme Officer covers the following main tasks, additional tasks and changes should be expected:
As Programme Officer, you will be working with all programmes in South Caucasus, however the main focus would be on Georgia and the breakaway regions. The Programme Officer is responsible to ensure that programmes and activities are carried out and developed according to working methods, strategies, policies, and goals of Kvinna till Kvinna.
The Programme Officer is responsible for dialogue with Kvinna till Kvinna’s partner organisations and works closely with the partner organisations regarding operations, organisational development, capacity-building, monitoring and evaluation. The Programme Officer is responsible for the whole project cycle for project support including assessment of applications, reports, and budgets, as well as compliance with agreements.
The Programme Officer contributes to the development and implementation of strategies, plans and coordinates field work and writes analytical reports. Responsibilities also include administration of project support, contextual and security analysis, advocacy work and coordination towards an increased regional cohesion.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (political science, international relations, international law, conflict resolution, peacebuilding or similar);
- At least six years of experience working in international development cooperation or similar fields, including extensive experience in project cycle management, reporting against results and experience in related administrative and financial tasks;
- Proven experience in management positions/tasks at relevant organisations;
- Experience in independent work with research/monitoring and evaluation;
- Experience in identifying and providing capacity building to local NGOs;
- Experience working with women’s rights and/or peace building;
- Experience working with civil society in Georgia including breakaway regions;
- Very good knowledge of Georgian, Russian and English (proficiency);
- Driving license.
- Experience working in/knowledge of Armenia and/or Azerbaijan
- Knowledge of the political, social and cultural contexts in South Caucasus
- Good knowledge of Armenian and/or Azerbaijani
- Experience in working with South Caucasus from a regional approach
- Responsible and accurate
- Good time management and ability to meet deadlines
- Responsiveness, integrity, and ability to handle stressful situations and peaks of intense work load
- Belief in and commitment to human rights and gender equality and the ability to act as a good ambassador for the organisation even outside of work
Terms of Employment
Temporary full-time employment until December 31, 2020, including 6 months’ probation period. Employment starts as soon as possible, tentative date 1 of December 2018. The position is open for persons residing in Georgia. Please also note that due to the nature of the work, only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered. Apart from that, we aim to strive for diversity.
Location: Tbilisi, Georgia. Travel within Georgia and breakaway regions is required. International travel is expected.
Apply no later than November 18, 2018 by pressing the "Apply to this job" button. Do not hesitate since interviews will be held ongoing.
For more information about the position, please contact Gunilla Davidsson, Regional Manager South Caucasus, email@example.com, +995 595 771 501. For questions about the recruitment process, please contact Mirjam Warne, Acting Head of HR firstname.lastname@example.org.