Do you want to do your internship in an inspiring workplace with dedicated employees? At Kvinna till Kvinna you will have the opportunity to work independently as well as in a team; you will get the chance to engage with people from different parts of the world and support the Kvinna till Kvinna programmes in Africa. You will get the opportunity to learn more about women's rights in an exciting and dynamic working environment and take part in interesting workshops and seminars.
After your internship we expect that your knowledge of international development work, the role of women for democracy and peace, planning / follow-up and communication work will be further deepened.
Deadline for applying: October 31st 2021
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 150 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all. The future is equal. And together, we are change.
- Monitor issues related to the Women, Peace and Security agenda related to Africa
- Support the team in planning the cross-regional event on lessons learned related to women’s mobilisation
- Prepare the basis for e.g. conflict or gender analysis and take part in the development of applications and results reports, both internal and external reporting.
- Support the daily work of Kvinna till Kvinna’s programmes in Africa, including supporting with the Partner Organisation reporting and proposal review.
- Participate in and prepare notes from department meetings and internal capacity building events.
- Conduct other task relevant to the programme department or other departments pending needs.
- Knowledge of gender, peace and security issues
- Knowledge of, and preferably experience from the African content
- Good organisational skills
- Proven analytical and critical thinking skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Strong communication skills
- Cooperative attitude and ability to do independent work
Terms & conditions and what we offer
At Kvinna till Kvinna you will get a chance to be a part of an inspiring workplace with dedicated employees. During your time with us you will get the opportunity to work independently as well as in a team. You will deepen your knowledge of international development work, women's role for democracy and peace, planning/follow-up and communication work. You will also be able to participate in both internal and external seminars/lectures that may be of interest.
The internship is unpaid and covers full-time (37,5 hrs/week) for approx. 20 weeks starting the 2022 spring semester. Start and end date are negotiable. The position is based in Stockholm. However, Kvinna till Kvinna allows their staff members and interns to work from home on an occasional basis when it fits the work/ task at hand.
Due to the nature of our work only women are welcome as interns, either self-identified or legal. Otherwise, we strive for diversity.
Apply by clicking the apply button. Please submit your application in English containing a motivation letter as well as a CV.
Deadline for application is October 31st 2021.
Please mention how your internship is funded. If you have any questions you are welcome to contact Sara Ekenbjörn, Grants Manager Africa at email@example.com
For information on the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Filippa Klintberg at firstname.lastname@example.org