Are you interested in learning more about issues related to Women, Peace and Security in the Western Balkans? Do you want to contribute to Kvinna till Kvinna’s work focusing on programming?
As an intern in the Western Balkan team, you will contribute to our work by supporting us in monitoring project and programme implementation, contributing to data collection, research and context analyses. You will also have an opportunity to develop your knowledge and skills by participating in daily programme activities and events.
Through this internship you gain experience from planning, implementation and development of programmes. You will be supported by and you will report to the Western Balkan team. We are looking for two interns to the Balkan team.
Deadline for applying: October 31st 2021
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 150 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all. The future is equal. And together, we are change.
Core tasks will include:
- Monitoring issues related to Women, Peace and Security in the area of development aid policy; focusing on the Western Balkan area;
- Perform desk studies linked to current or future programme activities in the Western Balkans;
- Prepare data for various analyses concerning the Western Balkan EU accession;
- Participate in the development of the department's funding applications and results reports;
- Provide support in daily programme activities;
- Participate in relevant departmental meetings and internal training;
- Perform other duties in the Programme Department and other departments.
- Knowledge of gender, peace and security issues;
- Knowledge of women’s rights;
- Knowledge and interest in EU;
- Knowledge of, or interest in Western Balkans;
- Very good language skills in Swedish and English, and in particular advanced writing skills;
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Office and internet platforms);
- Good organisational ability;
- Analytical thinking;
- Responsive, cooperative and self-driven.
Terms & conditions and what we offer
At Kvinna till Kvinna you will get a chance to be a part of an inspiring workplace with dedicated employees. During your time with us you will get the opportunity to work independently as well as in a team. You will deepen your knowledge of international development work, women's role for democracy and peace, planning/follow-up and communication work. You will also be able to participate in both internal and external seminars/lectures that may be of interest.
The internship is unpaid and covers full-time (37,5 hrs/week) for approx. 20 weeks starting the 2022 spring semester. Start and end date are negotiable.
Due to the nature of our work only women are welcome as interns, either self-identified or legal. Otherwise, we strive for diversity.
Submit your application, including cover letter and resume via the application button. Please mention how your internship is funded.
Deadline for application is October 31st 2021
The selection process will take place on an ongoing basis and the internship may be filled earlier than that.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Katarina Stenkvist, Grants Manager for Western Balkans at firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Filippa Klintberg at email@example.com