Are you interested in method development linked to international work with gender-based violence and women, peace, and security? Do you want to contribute to Kvinna till Kvinna's work with education and capacity building related to these themes?
Kvinna till Kvinna's unit for Method and Development offers an internship where besides working with method development also support the coordination of our cross regional program for Women Peace and Security, engage with our international training program aimed at authorities and civil society organizations in Western Balkan and Ukraine and assist with research and mapping linked to women’s economic empowerment and security for women human rights defenders.
Deadline for applying: October 31st 2021
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 150 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all. The future is equal. And together, we are change.
Core tasks will include:
- Support, with technical and thematic knowledge, in internal learning meetings
- Contribute to the coordination work with Kvinna till Kvinna’s SPO agreement with Sida.
- Mapping of the follow-up work of evaluations made
- Collect material about Kvinna till Kvinna's work on women's economic empowerment and look into tools for evalution
- Mapping/research about safety and security for women human rights defenders
International Training Program (ITP) in Gender-Based Violence:
- Contribute to the work of planning and implementing the training program, online and in Stockholm
- Conduct external monitoring and mapping of country contexts relevant to the program with an emphasis on gender-based violence
- Participate in the work of evaluation and follow-up of results
- Participate in the unit's ongoing processes and contribute to various reports
- Very good organisational ability
- Comfortable to talking in front of a group
- Responsive, cooperative and independent
- Very good language skills in Swedish and English
- Good writer
- Thematic knowledge on gender-based violence and women, peace and security
- International experience, either from travel, study or work
- Experience from a feminist organisation and/or interest in learning more about feminist work in an international context
Terms & conditions and what we offer
At Kvinna till Kvinna you will get a chance to be a part of an inspiring workplace with dedicated employees. During your time with us you will get the opportunity to work independently as well as in a team. You will deepen your knowledge of international development work, women's role for democracy and peace, planning/follow-up and communication work. You will also be able to participate in both internal and external seminars/lectures that may be of interest.
The internship is unpaid and covers full-time (37,5 hrs/week) for approx. 20 weeks starting the 2022 spring semester. Start and end date are negotiable.
Due to the nature of our work only women are welcome as interns, either self-identified or legal. Otherwise, we strive for diversity.
If you have questions, you can contact Alexandra Karlsdotter Stenström, Key Account Manager for the WPS program, firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the recruitment process, please contact HR Officer, Filippa Klintberg at email@example.com