Kvinna till Kvinna is now looking for our next great leader who wants to be part of a dynamic and committed team, enjoys setting up new programmes, like to network and build relationships with donors.
Middle East and North Africa, MENA, is the largest of our regions with 5 offices and 9 country and regional programmes, focusing mainly on women, peace and security, combatting gender-based violence and supporting an inclusive women rights movement.
Application deadline: 23 of May 2021
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has promoted women’s rights since 1993. Today, we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations. We operate in conflict-affected areas in the Middle East, Africa, Europe and the South Caucasus, where we support more than 150 brave partner organisations. Together, we work to strengthen women’s influence and power, end violence against women and promote human rights.
If you believe gender equality, democracy and peace go hand in hand, this is the place for you. Joining Kvinna till Kvinna means joining a family of passionate activists. Women human rights defenders who stand on the barricades, face down resistance and advocate in the corridors of power. Kvinna till Kvinna is right now in an exciting phase of building its new strategy for 2023-28.
We are spread out across 14 offices, but we are a team with a single shared belief: The future is equal. And together, we are change.
About the job
As Head of Office you are responsible for developing and ensuring the implementation of programmes in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s mandate, policies, delegation of authority, working methods, operational plan, budget and agreements with donors and partner organisations.
You hold managerial, administrative, security and financial responsibility, including management of the overall country budget. As Head of Office you are responsible for recruiting, managing and motivating the staff in the office in Tunis in line with Kvinna till Kvinna’s leadership policy.
As Head of office you are Kvinna till Kvinna’s country representative in Tunisia where the position is based. This entails networking and maintaining relationships with relevant international and national stakeholders, including authorities and donors. This also entails developing and maintaining partnerships, first and foremost with women’s rights organisations. This position is also responsible for our work in Egypt and will require travel to Egypt.
The Head of Office belongs, organisationally, to the Programme and Method Department and reports to the Regional Manager MENA.
- Strategic and operational, adapting to the situation.
- Ability to prioritize, delegate and to stay solution focused.
- Responsiveness, integrity, and ability to handle stressful situations.
- Encouraging leadership style
You need to have
- Eight years accumulated work experience, of which at least two years experience of leading staff and manage programmes.
- Experience of
-development cooperation work in MENA or similar context
-knowledge in one or more areas of peace and conflict, gender equality, and/or development studies
-working with or in conflict affected countries with security issues
-operational development requiring analytical and strategic skills, including project management, follow-up; evaluation, assessment and reporting, especially results-based management, and quality assurance
- A minimum of a BA University degree
- Good computer skills and experience from administrative and economic tasks
- Excellent speaking and writing skills in English and French
- Worked with advocacy and at international fora
- Knowledge of International Human Rights Law and/or International Law
- Voluntary work in civil society or other value-based programmes
- Knowledge of Arabic
Terms & conditions and what we offer
You will join a team of 130+ dedicated Kvinna till Kvinna colleagues who fight for women’s rights in more than 20 conflict-affected countries. In the Middle East and North Africa, roughly 30 of us work to prevent discrimination, increase women’s participation in society and support the development of women’s rights organisations. Join us!
- This position is based in Tunis. We also have offices in Beirut, Erbil, Jerusalem, and Amman. Through regular digital meetings, we stay in touch with our colleagues abroad.
- Your role will include occasional travel, especially within the MENA region.
- This is a full-time position, with a probationary period of 6 months, for a fixed period of time depending on funding. Preferred starting date August 2021.
- Your working hours will be flexible and goal oriented.
- Diversity is very important for Kvinna till Kvinna. Please note, however, that due to the nature of Kvinna till Kvinna’s work, we can only consider women applicants (legal and/or self-identified).
The application deadline is 23 of May 2021.
Send your application by clicking on the apply button. Both CV and motivational letter should be in English.
If you have any questions about the position, please contact Marie Wikström, Regional Manager MENA at email@example.com.
For information about the recruitment process, please contact our HR unit at HR@kvinnatillkvinna.se.