Programme Officer, Ukraine
Programme Department – Kyiv
Kvinna till Kvinna is looking to recruit a Programme Officer for its new country office in Ukraine.
Kvinna till Kvinna is a Swedish non-profit organisation that supports women’s organising with the aim to advance women’s rights and promote sustainable peace. Its work focuses on supporting women’s rights organisations (organisationally, thematically and economically) in advancing women’s rights and peace in conflict situation. Through its Head Office in Stockholm and about 20 country offices, it supports more than 100 women’s rights organisations in five different regions (Western Balkans, South Caucasus, Middle East and North Africa, West and Central Africa). In 2018 Kvinna till Kvinna opened an office in Kyiv, Ukraine.
Kvinna till Kvinna works without paying heed to religious, political, national or ethnic origin, or to linguistic affiliation, gender identity or sexual orientation.
For further information please visit: http://kvinnatillkvinna.org
As Programme Officer you will contribute to identifying intervention areas and partners among women’s rights organizations, and manage and implement projects, activities and grants for the country office in Ukraine. You will report to the Head of Office Ukraine. The assignment requires several regional and international trips per year.
The Programme covers three broad areas:
Empowering women, women’s organising, and building capacity, sustainability and networking of women’s rights organisations in Ukraine.
Promoting women’s participation and capacities in decision-making and peacebuilding.
Preventing gender-based violence and protecting women survivors/victims.
As Programme Officer you are responsible for the following main tasks. Additional tasks and changes may be expected:
- Provide continuous support to partner organisations through the project cycle, including identifying new partners and project areas, reviewing applications, reporting, monitoring and evaluation;
- Support capacity-building efforts and organising experience exchanges, study trips and networking meetings to enhance quality programming and implementation;
- Prepare proposals and reports to donors, and make recommendations on the programme’s progress and further development;
- Provide methodological support to operations in the country;
- Represent Kvinna till Kvinna at official meetings and functions;
- Provide ongoing input to country context analysis;
- Reach out and build trustful relationships with all relevant stakeholders.
- Preferably Master’s degree or equivalent in Peace and Conflict Studies, Gender Studies, Political or Social Sciences, Human Rights, Law, or related field;
- Minimum three years of relevant work experience in peacebuilding & conflict resolution activities, women’s human rights, gender equality, women’s empowerment, women’s social and political activism.
- Proven experience in project cycle management, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation;
- Proven experience in identifying and providing capacity-building to local NGOs;
- Good understanding of human rights and the application of a rights-based approach in development cooperation;
- Good understanding of results-based management and other key methods of development cooperation;
- Experience of working with international donors including narrative and financial reporting requirements;
- Good knowledge in excel and database management;
- Experience from the civil-society sector in Ukraine, preferably with women’s organisations;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Strong analytical and strategic skills;
- Ability to prioritize and to handle stressful situations and peaks of intense workload;
- High level of personal integrity and ability to work as part of a team;
- Commitment to human rights and gender equality and peaceful conflict resolution;
- Commitment to Kvinna till Kvinna’s vision and mandate;
- Nationality: Ukrainian.
- The Program Officer shall maintain impartiality.
- Experience of working with, or volunteering within civil society and/or international organizations
- Experience of working with international donors like Sida/EU
- Training and coaching experience on project cycle management, esp. for grants and projects implemented by non-profit or international organizations.
- Driver’s license
Terms and Conditions of Employment
One-year fulltime contract with possibility of extension. Employment is expected in October 2018. Kvinna till Kvinna strives for diversity and gender equality, and due to the nature of our work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered.
Applications will be reviewed ongoing. Last date of application 31 August 2018.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Eugenia Benigni, Head of Office Ukraine, email@example.com.
If you have any questions regarding the recruitment process, please contact Mirjam Warne, Acting Head of HR, firstname.lastname@example.org.