Deadline for applying: 20 April 2021
The Kvinna till Kvinna Foundation has defended women’s rights since 1993. For every woman’s right to be safe and to be heard. Today we are one of the world’s leading women’s rights organisations, working directly in areas affected by war and conflict to strengthen women’s influence and power. We work closely together with over 100 local partner organisations across 20 countries to end violence against women, reach lasting peace and close the gender gap once and for all. The future is equal. And together, we are change.
About the job
The position is responsible for applying financial and accounting procedures to program structures and cycles related to the country program, and administrative and logistical procedures within the context of the Kvinna till Kvinna country office in Lebanon.
The Finance officer is responsible for all financial functions in the office, including accounting, payments and banking, payroll, budgeting, financial reporting, and grant financial management and compliance. The Finance officer ensures compliance with donor regulations as well as organisation internal policies and procedures. In its role as a support to the Program Department, the Finance officer provides timely reports and assistance to the Head of Office and the Program team to ensure that financial resources are used efficiently and effectively and as per donors budgets.
You will be a motivated and proactive Finance Officer with expertise in bookkeeping, who has the right combination of talent, energy and a commitment to Womens rights.
- Daily bookkeeping in Kvinna till Kvinna’s accounting system (X-ledger) for country office;
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of internal monthly and annual financial reports (bank and cash reconciliations);
- Develop country office budget in close cooperation with country team and request regular disbursements from head office;
- Assist month-end accounting closing process, ensuring the accuracy and completeness of the ledger and all supporting documentation;
- Ensure timely payment of country office staff salaries (including social security and tax calculations and payments, staff benefits, staff clearance payments, etc.), contractors, suppliers and other expenditures in accordance with Kvinna till Kvinna’s financial procedures and contract policies;
- Ensure proper adherence to financial components of procurement processes, according to internal procurement system and policy guidelines;
- In close cooperation with administrative/logistics and program staff, support financial preparations (i.e. budget development, per diem calculations, etc.) and financial follow up of events, activities and travels organised by Kvinna till Kvinna country office, i.e. reimbursements and payments;
- Responsible for cheque preparations;
- Ensure proper follow up for travel advances;
- Maintain country office financial filing and archiving system in hard and soft copy versions (on SharePoint).
- Responsible for preparation and submission of annual government financial reports, in close cooperation with program staff and other finance and admin/logistics staff;
- Support country program team with financial monitoring activities of partner organisations, such as conducting spot checks of partner organisations;
- Review budgets, reallocation requests and supplement agreements from country partner organisations and ensure these comply with internal regulations;
- Receive regular financial reports from partner organisations and ensure compliance with the grant agreement and the guiding documents of Kvinna till Kvinna;
- Support programme staff in annual country programme budget preparations, if required;
- Ensure comprehensive management of audits for country partner organisations;
- Conduct MANGO financial assessments for partner organisations, write up reports and develop follow-up plan on findings.
Office and Staff Administrative Support
- Administrative support in the context of the preparation and submission of annual government financial audit reports;
- Act as administrative focal points for governmental ministries and ensure respective updated documentation;
- Responsible for any matters related to safety, custody and cleaning of the country office, including the supervision of contracted cleaning and office support service staff;
- Assist the admin officer in the yearly asset register list updates (Tracking of office asset and equipment inventory )and when needed with the maintenance of equipment and furniture in the country office and coordination of repairs for IT or other office equipment,
- Tracking of time sheets of all local staff and respective filing and updating of template at yearly basis;
- Support to management with regards to legal and rental issues, such as:
- Follow-up on legal inquiries and ongoing issues, as per need (including legal requirements for local and expatriate staff);
- Ensure up-to-date registration of Kvinna till Kvinna in the country and follow-up on any office registration-related legal requirements, such as renewal of Kvinna till Kvinna’s office license and/or country registration;
- Comprehensive filing of legal documents;
- Follow-up on renewal or cancellation of rental contracts of the country office or expatriate staff flats (if applicable);
- Review of the monthly cash report with regards to any country office administrative expenses (i.e. daily tracking of expenses; submission of original receipts; monitoring of personal usage of office cars; etc.);
- Follow up with the admin officer concerning the country office administrative filing and archiving system in hard and soft copy versions (on SharePoint), including e.g. legal documentation, personal staff records, etc.;
- Support management with drafting of any official correspondence and its translation into Arabic or other languages, if required;
- Assist the admin officer with the administrative and logistical support for staff members (i.e. transport, accommodation, visas, residency and work permit, etc.), if required;
Logistic Support and Procurement
- Asssist the admin officer in all matters related to travel and accommodation arrangements of Kvinna till Kvinna staff or of external persons requiring such support in the context of Kvinna till Kvinna country or regional programming activities;
- Review the collection of quotations from suppliers for relevant services and purchases, and preparation of relevant procurement documentation;
- Preparation of regular payment requests related to the country office or expatriate staff flats (if applicable), such as for electricity, water, guard, staff work mobile phones, etc.;
- In close cooperation with finance staff, responsible for administrative tasks related to staff benefits according to the guidelines of Kvinna till Kvinna e.g. medical, staff insurance, pension, travel insurance.
To perform any other task in relation to the operations as delegated by the Head of Office
You need to at least have
· Proven experience and proficiency in finance policies and processes
· Minimum three years of accounting experience is required.
· A university degree in Accounting or any equivalent is required.
· Demonstrated competency with computerised general ledger software (X ledger is preferable)
· Advanced computer skills in MS Office programs, particularly Excel
· Excellent oral and written English and Arabic skills.
- Previous experience working with an international organisation or NGO
- Success Factors
- The ability to interact effectively with international and national personnel is required. A demonstrated ability to multi-task, meet deadlines and process information in support of changing program activities is necessary. A professional standard of finance and procurement ethics as well as the willingness and ability to enforce compliance with Organisation and donor policies and procedures is essential.
Terms & conditions and what we offer
At Kvinna till Kvinna you will be a part of a workplace with dedicated employees and contribute to the work for womens rights in more than 20 war- and conflict-affected contries Today we are over 130 professional, committed and responsible colleagues across four regions with a broad set of experiences and expertise. Together with brave partners across the world, we make a promise to always keep going for a peaceful and equal world for everyone.
Please also note that due to the nature of the work only women (legal and/or self-identified) applicants will be considered. Otherwise we strive for diversity.
This is a full-time position for one year with a starting probationary period of 3 months. Access as soon as possible. The position is based in Beirut and travel may occur.
Deadline for application is 20th of April
Write the application in English and please note that we only accept applications through our career site.
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Julie.firstname.lastname@example.org
For information on the recruitment process, please contact HR at email@example.com